At Ross Boyd Limited we have been shouting about the benefits of cloud accounting from the day we started trading back in 2010. We have helped many of our clients convert to the cloud and all of our team are certified cloud-accounting experts.
For many start-ups it is common for them to use cloud products from the start. However, for more established businesses, it may be of benefit to have an open mind regarding the benefits of moving to the cloud.
Some key benefits of cloud based accounting are as follows:
- No need for costly servers or backups! If your data is on the cloud it is backed up by the supplier’s servers, which in themselves are continually backed up. This means less worry for you in terms of data security.
- It is very easy to share data. For example, in days gone by your accountant would often have to physically access your computer on site. In many cases, you can now give your accountant remote access to your cloud accounting software and this results in a faster, more accurate and efficient service.
- As long as you have an internet connection you can access your records – so if you are on the beach and suddenly have the urge to check your business records there is no stopping you!
- The cost of your software is usually spread out by monthly subscriptions, instead of an annual lump sum.
- Your software is updated regularly by the provider at no extra cost, avoiding the need for expensive annual software updates.
The adoption of cloud based systems is accelerating and cannot be avoided much longer by businesses who value accurate, secure and cost effective information systems. If you have any questions or doubts about making the transition, why not talk to us? Phone our team of cloud experts on 028 9532 0155 for a no obligation chat anytime.